Terms of Service:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the www.makilawfirm.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website (taken together, the Website).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website.
By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services.
If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Maki Law Firm, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
PLEASE NOTE: I applaud your seeking out of Estate Planning information, but this Website is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for actual consultation with a qualified attorney.
Nothing you see at the Website is intended to create an attorney-client relationship.
You should not act on anything you read on the Website without first consulting myself or another Minnesota Estate Planning attorney. Small details in your unique situation can result in a drastically different outcome.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software.
By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog or comment is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog or comment is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Maki Law Firm or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Maki Law Firm for inclusion on your Website, you grant Maki Law Firm a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog.
If you delete Content, Maki Law Firm will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Maki Law Firm has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Maki Law Firm's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Maki Law Firm's reasonable opinion, violates any Maki Law Firm policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Maki Law Firm's sole discretion. Maki Law Firm will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Maki Law Firm operates www.makilawfirm.com and may operate other websites. It is Maki Law Firm's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Maki Law Firm collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Maki Law Firm's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Maki Law Firm's visitors use its website. From time to time, Maki Law Firm may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Maki Law Firm also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on www.makilawfirm.com blogs/sites.
Maki Law Firm only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Maki Law Firm's websites choose to interact with Maki Law Firm in ways that require Maki Law Firm to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Maki Law Firm gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
For example, we ask visitors who sign up at www.makilawfirm.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Maki Law Firm are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those requests (such as the Contact Me form).
In each case, Maki Law Firm collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Maki Law Firm.
Maki Law Firm does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Maki Law Firm may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. Maki Law Firm may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Maki Law Firm does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Maki Law Firm discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Maki Law Firm's behalf or to provide services available at Maki Law Firm's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Maki Law Firm's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Maki Law Firm will never rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Maki Law Firm discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Maki Law Firm believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Maki Law Firm, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of an Maki Law Firm website and have supplied your email address, Maki Law Firm may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Maki Law Firm and our products.
If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Maki Law Firm takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor's computer, and that the visitor's browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
If Maki Law Firm, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Maki Law Firm goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Maki Law Firm may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
If you have a www.makilawfirm.com account, you might also receive an alert informing you of these changes.
Have questions? Ready to start your Estate Plan?