The Maki Law Firm’s effective Minnesota Estate Planning will help you create a well thought-out Minnesota Will to ensure you at least have basic assets protections in place.
No one is Minnesota is REQUIRED to have a Will. However, if you choose not to have one, you run the risk of the government taking control of your estate after your passing.
And as we all know, the government is more cost efficient and better equipped to make decisions regarding your wishes than you are, right? Of course not!
So at a MINIMUM every Minnesotan SHOULD have a Will. If for nothing more, to at least name someone of YOUR choice - rather than the government - to make sure your final bills are paid and your assets go to who you want.
After all, Estate Planning can be described as getting your assets to whom you want, when you want, the way you want, with the least amount of taxes, legal fees and hassle as possible.
Check out this helpful information about Minnesota Wills:
Why use a Trust when a is Will so much cheaper? A Will IS a basic, and necessary, part of any Estate Plan, but they're no match for the power of Trusts. These 14 Top Benefits of Trusts explain why.
Other law firms are likely to "double-bill" your estate for Administrator, Executor and/or Trustee services - but not the Maki Law Firm. Check out MY billing method.
Where to Next?
Have you been named Estate Executor and need some help?
1) Check out this great book from Nolo - the leader in Legal Self-Help books:
Find Help and Checklists on:
- preparing for the job of executor or trustee
- claiming life insurance, Social Security, and other benefits
- making sense of a will (and what to do if there is no will)
- how to determine whether probate is necessary
- probate court proceedings
- dealing with family members
- handling simple trusts
- filing taxes
- working with lawyers, appraisers, accountants, and other experts
- and more...
2) Download these FREE Minnesota Estate Administration Checklists:
Still have questions? Ready to get started?